If you are engaging the services of consultants or volunteers, or hiring someone into your team - and you are looking to confirm their Salesforce skills - this is what you should be looking for.
- Ask for the link to their Trailhead Profile. Its should be a URL that starts with trailblazer.me/id/.....
- Certifications appear just under the profile summary - look for the green active dot next to each certification. Certifications expire if they are not maintained.
- Do not let anyone touch your org without at least Salesforce Admin Certification. This gives them GOD-LIKE power to all your data. I would be asking them to sign an NDA also. Make sure you reference check them properly!
- If you are using the NPSP (Non Profit Success Pack) then hire someone with NPSP Consultant certification - it's very important that they understand all the unique features and benefits.
- Check their Trailhead badges tally - this shows their commitment to learning and the breadth of their knowledge.
- Check how many Superbadges they have. Superbadges apply skills to complex, real-world business problems. These prove a person's expertise in specific roles.