How Salesforce makes getting started so easy!
For the last 2 days I have uploaded 12 years of Legacy data for a charity into their brand spanking new CRM and I am loving all the things that just work.
Like this chart and report that come out of the box.
I don't want to diminish the amount of effort it took to clean up the old data (a heap) and also I am grateful for my years of fundraising and my knowledge of the sort of information board members, donors and auditors want to see.
I was able to make some quick decisions about what to include and what to not include (do we really need to create an Account Record for a $5 donation?), and I can't wait to present this to the team so that they can make some great decisions about segmenting the upcoming end of year fundraising appeal.
Some important things to remember:
- Check the NPSP documentation for the best set up
- I like to include both first and last name in the household name
- Less is more when it comes to campaigns (IMHO)
- And don't forget to set yourself to Marketing User or you won't be able to create campaigns!
- While you are at it check locale, business hours and fiscal year
- And my favourite - enable autocomplete on standard address fields