Step 2. Create a custom object in Salesforce
Next we create a custom object in Salesforce to capture all the essential data fields from Raisely - some of these will be the custom fields you have created.
Go to Set Up > Object Manager > Create Custom Object
Create an Auto-Number for Record Name.
You need all the contact information data that you will need to create/update the Contact record, the data pertaining to the donation to create the Opportunity record and the data required for a Recurring Donation.
Here is a snapshot of the Custom Object we built for Tassie Mums.
Note: Mike Man is not a real person!
The Custom Fields we created that are
- Amount - Currency (16, 2)
- Business Name for Receipt - Text (255) - some donors like to make their donations in their business name but we do not recommend you create an account for every donation with a business name automatically. Why create an account record for a $5 gift for Judy's Mobile Tanning Salon?
- Campaign ID - Text (80) - this is the Salesforce ID for the campaign
- Email - Email
- First Name - Text (255)
- Get Raisely Data Name - Auto Number
- Keep Donation Anonymous - Checkbox - this will be helpful come annual report time
- Last Name - Text (255)
- Message - Text Area (255) - make sure you limit Raisely message box to the same number of characters
- Method - picklist - current values are credit card, google pay, apple pay, paypal (note that these values must match the values in Raisely exactly so please check them as more new payment methods are added all the time)
- Mobile Phone - Phone
- Mode - picklist - values are Live and Testing - this helps with testing
- Processing - picklist - determines whether the gift is one off or not - values Once or Recurring
- Raisely Event Type - picklist - there are many different Event Types in Raisely - but we only bring donation.failed and donation.succeeded into Salesforce via Raisely
- Receipt ID - text (50) - we map this to the payment record for each donation
- Subscription UUID - text (100) - this unique ID from Raisely is created for each recurring donation that is established and this data is passed with each subsequent recurring donation
Note: Promote these picklists to global value sets so that you can use them on the Opportunity Object and the Payment Object also.