Next we create a custom object in Salesforce to capture all the essential data fields from Raisely - some of these will be the custom fields you have created.
Go to Set Up > Object Manager > Create Custom Object
Create an Auto-Number for Record Name.
You need all the contact information data that you will need to create/update the Contact record, the data pertaining to the donation to create the Opportunity record and the data required for a Recurring Donation.
Here is a snapshot of the Custom Object we built for Tassie Mums.
Note: Mike Man is not a real person!
The Custom Fields we created that are
- Amount - Currency (16, 2)
- Business Name for Receipt - Text (255) - some donors like to make their donations in their business name but we do not recommend you create an account for every donation with a business name automatically. Why create an account record for a $5 gift for Judy's Mobile Tanning Salon?
- Campaign ID - Text (80) - this is the Salesforce ID for the campaign
- Email - Email
- First Name - Text (255)
- Get Raisely Data Name - Auto Number
- Keep Donation Anonymous - Checkbox - this will be helpful come annual report time
- Last Name - Text (255)
- Message - Text Area (255) - make sure you limit Raisely message box to the same number of characters
- Method - Text (255) - current values are credit card, google pay, apple pay, paypal with new payment methods added by Raisely all the time
- Mobile Phone - Phone
- Mode - picklist - values are Live and Testing - this helps with testing
- Processing - picklist - determines whether the gift is one off or not - values Once or Recurring
- Raisely Event Type - Text (255) - there are many different Event Types in Raisely - but we only bring donation.failed and donation.succeeded into Salesforce via Raisely
- Receipt ID - text (50) - we map this to the payment record for each donation
- Subscription UUID - text (100) - this unique ID from Raisely is created for each recurring donation that is established and this data is passed with each subsequent recurring donation
Note: Promote these picklists to global value sets so that you can use them on the Opportunity Object or the Payment Object also.