Step 2. Create a custom object in Salesforce
Next we create a custom object in Salesforce to capture all the essential data fields from Raisely - some of these will be the custom fields you have created.
Go to Set Up > Object Manager > Create Custom Object
Create an Auto-Number for Record Name.
You need all the contact information data that you will need to create/update the Contact record, the data pertaining to the donation to create the Opportunity record and the data required for a Recurring Donation.
Here is a snapshot of the Custom Object we built for Tassie Mums.
Note: Mike Man is not a real person!
The Custom Fields we created that are really important are
- Receipt ID - we map this to the payment record for each donation
- Method - determines whether the gift is one off or not
- Raisely Event Type - there are many different Event Types - but we only bring donation.failed and donation.succeeded into Salesforce via Raisely
- Campaign ID - this is the Salesforce ID for the campaign
- Mode - this helps with testing
- Business Name for Receipt - some donors like to make their donations in their business name but we do not recommend you create an account for every donation with a business name automatically. Why create an account record for a $5 gift for Judy's Mobile Tanning Salon?
- Check box to keep the donation anonymous - this will be helpful come annual report time
- Subscription UUID - this unique ID from Raisely is created for each recurring donation that is established and this data is passed with each subsequent recurring donation